Integration? Strategic alignment? Connectivity? A recent PR News/VMS Thought Leaders Roundtable held in New York City sparked some controversy surrounding the term and its implications for organizations. While some attendees considered integration to be the blurring lines between PR and marketing, others were quick to point out that it is less about fusing departments into "one" function and more about aligning, imbedding and connecting communications with functions throughout the organization.
Back Talk: What’s In A Name?
You might also be interested in:
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter