Integration? Strategic alignment? Connectivity? A recent PR News/VMS Thought Leaders Roundtable held in New York City sparked some controversy surrounding the term and its implications for organizations. While some attendees considered integration to be the blurring lines between PR and marketing, others were quick to point out that it is less about fusing departments into "one" function and more about aligning, imbedding and connecting communications with functions throughout the organization.
Back Talk: What’s In A Name?
You might also be interested in:
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets