Integration? Strategic alignment? Connectivity? A recent PR News/VMS Thought Leaders Roundtable held in New York City sparked some controversy surrounding the term and its implications for organizations. While some attendees considered integration to be the blurring lines between PR and marketing, others were quick to point out that it is less about fusing departments into "one" function and more about aligning, imbedding and connecting communications with functions throughout the organization.
Back Talk: What’s In A Name?
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Steps to Help Coordinate a Crisis Response in a Large Corporation
- How to Use Social and Traditional Media to Promote Your White Paper
- A Job for Communicators: Just 47% of Workers Receive Diversity Training
- Tips and Tricks to Use Facebook's New Live Video Feature to Boost Brand Engagement
- 6 Tips to Gain Employee and Stakeholder Buy-In for CSR Success