"Marketing is about creating a powerful message and getting it into the marketplace through tools like advertising," says Alan Scott, chief marketing officer of Dow Jones. "PR is no different - it's taking a compelling message into the marketplace via alternative, journalistic outlets." What is your personal take on the PR/marketing breakdown: "separation of Church and State," or Scott's philosophy of interconnectedness? Log-on to PR News' interactive forum at http://www.prnewsonline.
Back Talk: Marketing And PR: Where Is The Love?
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016