"Marketing is about creating a powerful message and getting it into the marketplace through tools like advertising," says Alan Scott, chief marketing officer of Dow Jones. "PR is no different - it's taking a compelling message into the marketplace via alternative, journalistic outlets."
Back Talk: Marketing And PR: Where Is The Love?
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Right To Play Recruits Parents And Athletes to Educate Consumers on Why Kids Having Fun is Serious Business
- 'Authenticity' is a False Premise If Words Fail to Match Your Actions
- As PR Execs Brace for the New Year, All Roads Lead to the C-Suite
- Assessing the Hard Costs of Social Media
- Consumers Say Discounts Help Drive Loyalty; Marketers Collect Plenty of Data, But Not the Kind That They Need