"Marketing is about creating a powerful message and getting it into the marketplace through tools like advertising," says Alan Scott, chief marketing officer of Dow Jones. "PR is no different - it's taking a compelling message into the marketplace via alternative, journalistic outlets." What is your personal take on the PR/marketing breakdown: "separation of Church and State," or Scott's philosophy of interconnectedness? Log-on to PR News' interactive forum at http://www.prnewsonline.
Back Talk: Marketing And PR: Where Is The Love?
You might also be interested in:
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative