"Marketing is about creating a powerful message and getting it into the marketplace through tools like advertising," says Alan Scott, chief marketing officer of Dow Jones. "PR is no different - it's taking a compelling message into the marketplace via alternative, journalistic outlets." What is your personal take on the PR/marketing breakdown: "separation of Church and State," or Scott's philosophy of interconnectedness? Log-on to PR News' interactive forum at http://www.prnewsonline.
Back Talk: Marketing And PR: Where Is The Love?
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks