Social media was, not long ago, associated with the Web niche - technology innovators, online enthusiasts and companies with a tie to Silicon Valley. In fact, according to Wikipedia (an example of social media itself) the term "social media" was only coined in 2004 to "describe the online tools and platforms that people use to share opinions, insights, experiences, and perspectives with each other."
Tip Sheet: Reaping The Business Benefits Of Social Media
You might also be interested in:
- Consumers Say Discounts Help Drive Loyalty; Marketers Collect Plenty of Data, But Not the Kind That They Need
- Case Study: Right To Play Recruits Parents And Athletes to Educate Consumers on Why Kids Having Fun is Serious Business
- 'Authenticity' is a False Premise If Words Fail to Match Your Actions
- As PR Execs Brace for the New Year, All Roads Lead to the C-Suite
- Assessing the Hard Costs of Social Media