Social media was, not long ago, associated with the Web niche - technology innovators, online enthusiasts and companies with a tie to Silicon Valley. In fact, according to Wikipedia (an example of social media itself) the term "social media" was only coined in 2004 to "describe the online tools and platforms that people use to share opinions, insights, experiences, and perspectives with each other." Social media has now exploded into the mainstream. Words and phrases such as blogging, tagging and wikis have become ubiquitous. Sites like YouTube, del.
Tip Sheet: Reaping The Business Benefits Of Social Media
You might also be interested in:
- Where Does PR Stand on Paid Social Media? Survey Shows Ambivalence About Spending
- Social Media Engagement on Video Posts Soars 163 Percent in 2015
- 10 Tips for Faster, More Effective Internal Crisis Communications When Time Is of the Essence
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Reporting and Measurement Process
- Secret to Acing a PR Job Interview