Social media was, not long ago, associated with the Web niche - technology innovators, online enthusiasts and companies with a tie to Silicon Valley. In fact, according to Wikipedia (an example of social media itself) the term "social media" was only coined in 2004 to "describe the online tools and platforms that people use to share opinions, insights, experiences, and perspectives with each other." Social media has now exploded into the mainstream. Words and phrases such as blogging, tagging and wikis have become ubiquitous. Sites like YouTube, del.
Tip Sheet: Reaping The Business Benefits Of Social Media
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks