Have you heard this joke: An advertising exec, a PR director and a marketing officer walk into a bar, and... The idea that these three folks would even walk into a bar together may evoke laughter, given the constant drumbeat that the three disciplines are not exactly working well together. The truth is, marketing, advertising and PR have come a long way - but the three-legged stool is still a bit wobbly. This was borne out at the Integrated Communications Thought Leaders Roundtable held in late September in Minneapolis and hosted by PR News and VMS. The roundtable, the first of many nationwide, brought together for two hours about a dozen PR, marketing and advertising executives in the Minneapolis area to discuss the future of integrated communications and how companies can remove the lines in the sand for the greater good.
It’s Time For PR To Take The Lead In Integrated Communications
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros