(PR is, in its own way, a sales profession: In this case, the selling involves ideas, information and messages. From the agency side, there is a business aspect with efforts to sell the agency's viability to prospective clients. But perhaps the best way for a PR professional to sell is not necessarily to treat the subject like a PR issue. This is explored by Charles H. Green, the founder and principal of Trusted Advisor Associates, in this exclusive excerpt from his new book "Trust-Based Selling," which is published by McGraw-Hill.
PRN Exclusive: Why PR Professionals Need To Practice Trust-Based Selling
You might also be interested in:
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter