Kristi King doesn't surprise very easily, but her nonplussed attitude was temporarily put on hold when she discovered she was the winner of NASCAR's 2006 Track PR Representative of the Year Award. "I was very shocked when I heard my name called," says King, who is director of public relations at Talladega Superspeedway in Talladega, AL. King received her award last month at the annual NASCAR PR Summit, which pays tribute to the auto racing industry's PR professionals. And while King may have been caught off- guard by the tribute, her skills in crisis communications earned the attention and admiration of her peers. In the past year alone, King successfully faced issues ranging from torrential storms disrupting the racing schedule, a highly publicized protest rally held outside of her track by the National Association of Minority Racing Fans, and the disruptions caused by a Hollywood movie company shooting a Will Farrell comedy called "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.
PR Personality Profile: Kristi King Drives NASCAR PR Victory Lap
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros