Known for tight budgets and short purse strings, nonprofit PR departments often enter into monumental campaigns with very little financial wiggle room. From the American Heart Association's battle against heart disease among women to the International Fund for Animal Welfare's fight for baby seals, the winners of this year's NonProfit PR Awards used creative thinking and resource management to turn a mole-hill budget into a mountainous PR initiative, pushing the profession to newer and greater heights. Congratulations to this year's award winners and thanks to our awards sponsor Vocus. Advocacy Campaign and Lobbying Efforts Campaign: "Protecting Our Water from MTBE" Winner: American Water Works Association (AWWA) It sounds like a scene straight out of the based-on-a-true-story blockbuster "Erin Brockovich" - water polluted with the gasoline additive MTBE is undrinkable, but the government wants to pass an energy bill that includes a provision protecting the oil industry from cleanup responsibilities. In a legislative battle worthy of the big screen, the AWWA took on the provision in the U.
PR News NonProfit PR Awards Special Issue
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros