So much for team spirit. In yet another indication of severe gaps in employee communications, a report released last week by the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Research Foundation (San Francisco) found that only about one in three companies has been successful in motivating employees to understand, to be committed to and to carry out employers' business strategy in their daily jobs. What's more, only about half of companies have effectively involved their management and leadership teams in communicating with employees. Aligning employees with the strategy of their businesses, and engaging managers and senior leadership in communicating with workers rank as the top two employee communications challenges in a survey of 472 organizations worldwide by Right Management Consultants (Philadelphia) and the IABC. But while managers may want to address the problems that arise from poor employee communications, many of them are having a hard time changing the behavior of the rank and file.
(Employee) Communication Breakdown…
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks