The $11 billion merger between Kmart and Sears presents enormous PR challenges, ranging from combining two corporate cultures steeped in tradition to melding the (new) company's approach to media relations. This is not an easy thing to do when you are creating the third-largest retailer worldwide in an apparent bid to eat some of Wal-Mart's lunch.
Mega Mergers Mean Leaner Packaging For PR, Too
You might also be interested in:
- Moving Beyond Communicators' Comfort Zone
- SMBs Boost Spending on Digital Marketing; Facebook & Fans Worth About $174 a Clip to Consumer Brands
- Case Study: Exhibition Hockey Match Makes For Great Icing on the PR Cake For Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Hertz Links PR and Customer Service As Social Channels Grow
- In Containing Damage, If You Can't Be Substantive Don't Say Anything At All