Consider it a twist on the famous quip from gonzo journalist Hunter S. Thompson: When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. "You have no idea how many times I have gone to the CFO and said, 'I do words, I don't do numbers. If you want me to diagram a sentence I can do that, but if you want me to read this chart, you have to explain it to me,' " says Lori Hutzler, director of corporate communications at the publicly traded Isle of Capri casino company. Hutzler was referring to the Brave New World of Sarbanes-Oxley, which lays out a range of new measures that are meant to keep public corporations open and honest about their business transactions.
Senior PR Execs Continue To Wrestle with SOX
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks