Bodybuilding pioneer Joe Gold, who died in July at the age of 82, was a big believer in growing his business through word of mouth -- what's now called "viral marketing." After all, it was an up-and-coming bodybuilder named Arnold Schwarzenegger - well before Hollywood and politics beckoned - who helped to put Gold's Gym on the map not long after it opened in 1965.
Want To Keep AOR Designation? Stick To The Letters
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Right To Play Recruits Parents And Athletes to Educate Consumers on Why Kids Having Fun is Serious Business
- 'Authenticity' is a False Premise If Words Fail to Match Your Actions
- As PR Execs Brace for the New Year, All Roads Lead to the C-Suite
- Assessing the Hard Costs of Social Media
- Consumers Say Discounts Help Drive Loyalty; Marketers Collect Plenty of Data, But Not the Kind That They Need