After yet another phone call from "Jane at company X, just calling to see if you got my email last week," we at PR NEWS are making a few New Year's resolutions: Don't take another call from Jane at company X. Don't open Jane's emails because they're poorly targeted and she has no idea what we cover. Don't waste another moment searching for an email that rolled in about 600 messages ago with a nondescript subject line and 65 other recipients. In light of our resolutions, we encourage you to make a resolution yourself: Change your media relations priorities. Solid relationships with the media will be more critical than ever as we head into 2003.
Strategy of the Week
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016