It's a tradition that goes back more than 50 years, and every year the PR NEWS "PR Professional of the Year" award competition poses a challenge - not for the lack of candidates but for having to choose the standouts in a PR universe full of exceptional executives. Our choice in 2002 was particularly difficult. From the post-9/11 challenges and the skepticism of the media in the wake of widespread corporate scandal, to slashed budgets and skittish management, PR has never encountered more daunting obstacles - or more promising opportunities. And, as many of our readers can attest, just handling day-to-day PR - without a major crisis to speak of - has become more rigorous. This year we honor an Agency Professional, Corporate Professional and Nonprofit Professional.
PR NEWS Names Three PR Professionals of the Year
You might also be interested in:
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets