Your ability to work productively with the legal team can make or break your company's response to any crisis. But the high-stress circumstances surrounding any crisis situation can cause attorneys and PR professionals alike to lose sight of their common goal: the greater good of the organization. That's much less likely to happen if you have a long-standing relationship with both internal and external legal teams. Building that sort of trusting relationship takes time and initiative on the part of the communications department, but it has paid off richly for companies like Sears and Verizon. This month, Peter Thonis, SVP of external communications for Verizon, and Jan Drummond, senior director of external communications for Sears Roebuck, along with Richard Levick of Levick Strategic Communications, offered their advice for working successfully with attorneys in a PR NEWS Webinar, "Managing PR and Legal Concerns.
Long-Term Relationships Are Key To Successful Dealings with Legal
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks