Whether you're starting a new role or have been with your organization for years, here's a strategy sure to advance your career: Make friends with the lawyers. In "Managing PR & Legal Concerns," a Webinar presented last week by PR NEWS, we covered the critical importance of fostering consistent communications with the legal team. Forging these relationships before a crisis strikes can help advance your communications agenda if and when it does. Jan Drummond, senior director of external communications for Sears Roebuck & Co., offered the following advice for nurturing what could be one of the most important professional relationships of your career: Manage expectations about media coverage.
Strategy of the Week
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros