Whether you're starting a new role or have been with your organization for years, here's a strategy sure to advance your career: Make friends with the lawyers. In "Managing PR & Legal Concerns," a Webinar presented last week by PR NEWS, we covered the critical importance of fostering consistent communications with the legal team. Forging these relationships before a crisis strikes can help advance your communications agenda if and when it does. Jan Drummond, senior director of external communications for Sears Roebuck & Co., offered the following advice for nurturing what could be one of the most important professional relationships of your career: Manage expectations about media coverage.
Strategy of the Week
You might also be interested in:
- 10 Tips for Faster, More Effective Internal Crisis Communications When Time Is of the Essence
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Reporting and Measurement Process
- Secret to Acing a PR Job Interview
- 3 Ways a B2B Software Company Improved Its Integrated Communications Communications
- The Week in PR, July 27 - August 3