Whether you're starting a new role or have been with your organization for years, here's a strategy sure to advance your career: Make friends with the lawyers. In "Managing PR & Legal Concerns," a Webinar presented last week by PR NEWS, we covered the critical importance of fostering consistent communications with the legal team. Forging these relationships before a crisis strikes can help advance your communications agenda if and when it does. Jan Drummond, senior director of external communications for Sears Roebuck & Co., offered the following advice for nurturing what could be one of the most important professional relationships of your career: Manage expectations about media coverage.
Strategy of the Week
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Steps to Help Coordinate a Crisis Response in a Large Corporation
- How to Use Social and Traditional Media to Promote Your White Paper
- A Job for Communicators: Just 47% of Workers Receive Diversity Training
- Tips and Tricks to Use Facebook's New Live Video Feature to Boost Brand Engagement
- 6 Tips to Gain Employee and Stakeholder Buy-In for CSR Success