What you are in PR isn't always equivalent to what you do. The roles associated with various PR titles vary dramatically from company to company, with the VP of communications at one company responsible for everything from IR to global brand management, and the VP of communications at another company serving as an exalted media relations manager.
PR Titles: Irrelevant, Inaccurate – Or Both?
You might also be interested in:
- To Tweet or Not To Tweet? A Key Question Now Confronting PR Pros
- Deploying Online Market Research To Spark Better Media Relations
- Along With Rise of Big Data Comes Risk of ‘Leakage’; Sure, It’s Not Sexy, But Senior Executives Prefer LinkedIn
- Case Study: Environmental Fight to Protect Snow Gets Major Assist From Celebrity Snowboarders And Data-Driven Report
- Melding Your Offline and Online Communications