There has been great debate over the years about the concept of career branding and what a brand may or may not do to gain the leverage necessary in a competitive hiring market for communications professionals. Some communications pros are of the school of thought that a good career path and a rÃ©sumÃ© packed with solid companies should speak for itself. But in today's marketplace, becoming your own chief branding officer is an imperative, whether you're seeking a new role or simply looking to advance in your current organization.
Personal Career Brands: A Competitive Edge
You might also be interested in:
- Consumers Say Discounts Help Drive Loyalty; Marketers Collect Plenty of Data, But Not the Kind That They Need
- Case Study: Right To Play Recruits Parents And Athletes to Educate Consumers on Why Kids Having Fun is Serious Business
- Assessing the Hard Costs of Social Media
- As PR Execs Brace for the New Year, All Roads Lead to the C-Suite
- 'Authenticity' is a False Premise If Words Fail to Match Your Actions