There has been great debate over the years about the concept of career branding and what a brand may or may not do to gain the leverage necessary in a competitive hiring market for communications professionals. Some communications pros are of the school of thought that a good career path and a rÃ©sumÃ© packed with solid companies should speak for itself. But in today's marketplace, becoming your own chief branding officer is an imperative, whether you're seeking a new role or simply looking to advance in your current organization.
Personal Career Brands: A Competitive Edge
You might also be interested in:
- To Tweet or Not To Tweet? A Key Question Now Confronting PR Pros
- Deploying Online Market Research To Spark Better Media Relations
- Along With Rise of Big Data Comes Risk of ‘Leakage’; Sure, It’s Not Sexy, But Senior Executives Prefer LinkedIn
- Case Study: Environmental Fight to Protect Snow Gets Major Assist From Celebrity Snowboarders And Data-Driven Report
- Melding Your Offline and Online Communications