Despite increasing interest (fueled by corporate scandal and other crises) in the power of PR, most corporations still prioritize marketing over PR when it comes to compensation. According to Mercer's 2002 Corporate Marketing and Communication Compensation Survey, the median total cash compensation for a company's chief marketing executive is $207,800. Meanwhile, top corporate comms players are shorted close to $25,000 by comparison, raking in a median total cash compensation of $183,600.
Marketing Execs Still Come Out on Top in Pay Scale
You might also be interested in:
- To Tweet or Not To Tweet? A Key Question Now Confronting PR Pros
- Deploying Online Market Research To Spark Better Media Relations
- Along With Rise of Big Data Comes Risk of ‘Leakage’; Sure, It’s Not Sexy, But Senior Executives Prefer LinkedIn
- Case Study: Environmental Fight to Protect Snow Gets Major Assist From Celebrity Snowboarders And Data-Driven Report
- Melding Your Offline and Online Communications