Despite increasing interest (fueled by corporate scandal and other crises) in the power of PR, most corporations still prioritize marketing over PR when it comes to compensation. According to Mercer's 2002 Corporate Marketing and Communication Compensation Survey, the median total cash compensation for a company's chief marketing executive is $207,800. Meanwhile, top corporate comms players are shorted close to $25,000 by comparison, raking in a median total cash compensation of $183,600. Nonprofit PR Salaries Senior Vice President $150K - $175K Vice President $125K - $160K Director $75K - $120K Manager $60K - $85K Assistant Manager $40K - $60K Specialist $25K - $35K Median Total Cash Compensation for PR vs.
Marketing Execs Still Come Out on Top in Pay Scale
You might also be interested in:
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter