Despite increasing interest (fueled by corporate scandal and other crises) in the power of PR, most corporations still prioritize marketing over PR when it comes to compensation. According to Mercer's 2002 Corporate Marketing and Communication Compensation Survey, the median total cash compensation for a company's chief marketing executive is $207,800. Meanwhile, top corporate comms players are shorted close to $25,000 by comparison, raking in a median total cash compensation of $183,600.
Marketing Execs Still Come Out on Top in Pay Scale
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Right To Play Recruits Parents And Athletes to Educate Consumers on Why Kids Having Fun is Serious Business
- 'Authenticity' is a False Premise If Words Fail to Match Your Actions
- As PR Execs Brace for the New Year, All Roads Lead to the C-Suite
- Assessing the Hard Costs of Social Media
- Consumers Say Discounts Help Drive Loyalty; Marketers Collect Plenty of Data, But Not the Kind That They Need