Despite increasing interest (fueled by corporate scandal and other crises) in the power of PR, most corporations still prioritize marketing over PR when it comes to compensation. According to Mercer's 2002 Corporate Marketing and Communication Compensation Survey, the median total cash compensation for a company's chief marketing executive is $207,800. Meanwhile, top corporate comms players are shorted close to $25,000 by comparison, raking in a median total cash compensation of $183,600. Nonprofit PR Salaries Senior Vice President $150K - $175K Vice President $125K - $160K Director $75K - $120K Manager $60K - $85K Assistant Manager $40K - $60K Specialist $25K - $35K Median Total Cash Compensation for PR vs.
Marketing Execs Still Come Out on Top in Pay Scale
You might also be interested in:
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets