United Airlines is taking a savvy approach to communications surrounding its bankruptcy filing, with prominent links from its homepage to information like "Business as Usual," and "Building a Stronger United." These links lead to information on how United and its flights will continue to operate normally despite what the airline terms "the challenges facing the company." More organizations need to take such an educative approach to bankruptcy, dispelling the public notion that bankruptcy means changes to day-to-day operations or even the end of a company. Check the Web site at http://www.ual.com.
Business as Usual in Bankruptcy
You might also be interested in:
- To Tweet or Not To Tweet? A Key Question Now Confronting PR Pros
- Deploying Online Market Research To Spark Better Media Relations
- Along With Rise of Big Data Comes Risk of ‘Leakage’; Sure, It’s Not Sexy, But Senior Executives Prefer LinkedIn
- Case Study: Environmental Fight to Protect Snow Gets Major Assist From Celebrity Snowboarders And Data-Driven Report
- Melding Your Offline and Online Communications