The jury's still out on the ideal organizational structure that will optimize communications. But in general, integrated communications functions that directly report to the most senior levels of the company are key. Companies are considering integrating communications functions that are siloed in distinct IR, PR and product marketing departments. Others have been jolted by corporate scandal and are reorganizing to allow PR entrÃ©e into senior management's "situation room." We took a look at three highly successful communications departments and their organizational structures to get a better understanding of how their reporting structures have contributed to their ability to produce outstanding PR results.
An Organized Approach to PR
You might also be interested in:
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets