One of the major lessons Brigadier General Ronald Rand of the U.S. Air Force took away from the tragedies of Sept. 11: Never leave home without your Blackberry. When he evacuated his office in the Pentagon, he left his cell phone and his Blackberry behind. The cell phone would have proven useless, as circuits immediately became jammed, but he says colleagues who had remembered to grab their handheld wireless devices were able to stay connected with family, colleagues and media.
Strategy of the Week
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Lamaze Uses Real Stories to Deliver More Relevant Content And Help Women Make Right Birth Choices
- Digital Technology: Uncomplicated, But Oh So Frustrating; Brands Must Take Additional Pains To Build Up Character
- How To Adopt the 5 Gospels of News Writing
- Strategic Corporate Giving: Laser-Like Focus Sparks Solid PR Results
- Communicators Play Key Role In Reinvention of Sales and Marketing