SAN FRANCISCO - Trust us - the underlying theme at PRSA's 2002 International Conference here was the need for PR to play a major role in corporate accountability. More than 3,000 attendees (including close to 2,000 PRSA members and more than 1,000 PRSSA students) gathered for four days to address "a world of change and challenge," including everything from corporate scandals to the implications of 9/11 to the increasing need to quantify the impact of PR. Here are a few conference highlights: Corporate "Trustbuster" In what was one of the conference's major themes, Marilyn Carlson Nelson, chairman and CEO of Carlson Cos. (owner of Radisson Hotels and T.G.
PRSA 2002: Accountability Takes Center Stage
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks