In the spring of 2001, software maker Expertcity laid out a challenge for its PR team: draw massive attention to the firm's flagship product, GoToMyPC, but with a modest budget. That meant no glitzy launches or expensive events. Instead, the goal would be to get the media interested and get trial product in the hands of the target audience of media, telecommuters and business travelers. It's Coming ... EVP Laura McCormick led a three-person corporate communications team as they aggressively pitched the product, which allows users to access material stored on their computers from anywhere via an Internet connection.
Low Budget Drives PR Innovation
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros