In the spring of 2001, software maker Expertcity laid out a challenge for its PR team: draw massive attention to the firm's flagship product, GoToMyPC, but with a modest budget. That meant no glitzy launches or expensive events. Instead, the goal would be to get the media interested and get trial product in the hands of the target audience of media, telecommuters and business travelers. It's Coming ... EVP Laura McCormick led a three-person corporate communications team as they aggressively pitched the product, which allows users to access material stored on their computers from anywhere via an Internet connection.
Low Budget Drives PR Innovation
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016