Strikes, job actions, lockouts: Labor disputes of every stripe have occurred in virtually every industry, from manufacturing facilities to the halls of academia. It's about more than just wages and working conditions. It is a PR battle that requires the skills of the most savvy communicators. Labor wants to sway public opinion in its favor, of course, and a core strategy of any labor action is to generate sympathy within the community at large, while also keeping workers focused on the goals and intentions of the strike. Overall, labor will use PR as a means to put pressure on management.
In Labor Strike Situations, PR Powers Both Sides of Dispute
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros