Strikes, job actions, lockouts: Labor disputes of every stripe have occurred in virtually every industry, from manufacturing facilities to the halls of academia. It's about more than just wages and working conditions. It is a PR battle that requires the skills of the most savvy communicators. Labor wants to sway public opinion in its favor, of course, and a core strategy of any labor action is to generate sympathy within the community at large, while also keeping workers focused on the goals and intentions of the strike. Overall, labor will use PR as a means to put pressure on management.
In Labor Strike Situations, PR Powers Both Sides of Dispute
You might also be interested in:
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets