The Gates Foundation, established by Microsoft founder Bill Gates and wife Melinda, will give more than $100 million over the next 10 years to help arrest the spread of HIV in India. Gates said at a news conference announcing the investment that "the initial commitment is simply the beginning of what we think is appropriate." Microsoft has facilities in India, and the country is an important market for the software giant. But Gates and foundation officials are reluctant to make any connection between the massive donation and the impact it could potentially have on Microsoft's business reputation in Asia.
Gates Foundation Invests $100M in Cause Marketing
You might also be interested in:
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement