The Gates Foundation, established by Microsoft founder Bill Gates and wife Melinda, will give more than $100 million over the next 10 years to help arrest the spread of HIV in India. Gates said at a news conference announcing the investment that "the initial commitment is simply the beginning of what we think is appropriate." Microsoft has facilities in India, and the country is an important market for the software giant. But Gates and foundation officials are reluctant to make any connection between the massive donation and the impact it could potentially have on Microsoft's business reputation in Asia.
Gates Foundation Invests $100M in Cause Marketing
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros