PR continues to garner growing respect among companies tapping the consumer market. The trend, documented in father-daughter PR team Al and Laura Ries' book, The Fall of Advertising and The Rise of PR (Harper Business, 2002), shows no sign of fading. Companies that in the past relied upon advertising are abandoning expensive ad buys and jumping on the PR bandwagon.
Consumer Marketers Praise Power of PR
You might also be interested in:
- Moving Beyond Communicators' Comfort Zone
- SMBs Boost Spending on Digital Marketing; Facebook & Fans Worth About $174 a Clip to Consumer Brands
- Case Study: Exhibition Hockey Match Makes For Great Icing on the PR Cake For Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Hertz Links PR and Customer Service As Social Channels Grow
- In Containing Damage, If You Can't Be Substantive Don't Say Anything At All