Tight budgets and tough travel have PR pros pricing a variety of high-tech alternatives to the traditional media tour. Straight numbers are hard to come by, and the best solution to your "media tour" (whether virtual or in-person) will be dictated not only by budget, but by the immediacy or time-sensitivity of your news and by your target audiences. Nevertheless, Mike Smith, president of Upstart Vision in Reston, Va., takes a closer look at how incorporating the Web into any media tour can save serious PR dollars and deliver serious PR results.
Strategy of the Week
You might also be interested in:
- To Tweet or Not To Tweet? A Key Question Now Confronting PR Pros
- Deploying Online Market Research To Spark Better Media Relations
- Along With Rise of Big Data Comes Risk of ‘Leakage’; Sure, It’s Not Sexy, But Senior Executives Prefer LinkedIn
- Case Study: Environmental Fight to Protect Snow Gets Major Assist From Celebrity Snowboarders And Data-Driven Report
- Melding Your Offline and Online Communications