This week's strategy is a PR basic, but it bears repeating: Make the most of your press kit at a trade show. All too often, even seasoned PR pros underestimate the importance of a solid press kit at industry shows. A simple kit with fresh news or a new angle on an industry issue can win the attention of key media browsing the press room. An overly complicated kit with fancy carriers or several pounds of collateral material can obscure your news and keep irritable reporters from even glancing at your headlines.
Strategy of the Week
You might also be interested in:
- To Tweet or Not To Tweet? A Key Question Now Confronting PR Pros
- Deploying Online Market Research To Spark Better Media Relations
- Along With Rise of Big Data Comes Risk of ‘Leakage’; Sure, It’s Not Sexy, But Senior Executives Prefer LinkedIn
- Case Study: Environmental Fight to Protect Snow Gets Major Assist From Celebrity Snowboarders And Data-Driven Report
- Melding Your Offline and Online Communications