This week's strategy is a PR basic, but it bears repeating: Make the most of your press kit at a trade show. All too often, even seasoned PR pros underestimate the importance of a solid press kit at industry shows. A simple kit with fresh news or a new angle on an industry issue can win the attention of key media browsing the press room. An overly complicated kit with fancy carriers or several pounds of collateral material can obscure your news and keep irritable reporters from even glancing at your headlines.
Strategy of the Week
You might also be interested in:
- In Containing Damage, If You Can't Be Substantive Don't Say Anything At All
- Moving Beyond Communicators' Comfort Zone
- SMBs Boost Spending on Digital Marketing; Facebook & Fans Worth About $174 a Clip to Consumer Brands
- Case Study: Exhibition Hockey Match Makes For Great Icing on the PR Cake For Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Hertz Links PR and Customer Service As Social Channels Grow