Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (slammed in the media recently for the cost of prescription drugs) creates a strategic communications and public affairs division and hires a veteran healthcare comms exec to head it up. Mark Merritt, former chief strategist of the American Association of Health Plans, will be PhRMA's new SVP. The American Red Cross names Charles Dean Connor SVP for communication and marketing. Connor comes to the Red Cross from the Dilenschneider Group, where he was a client strategist.
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016