Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (slammed in the media recently for the cost of prescription drugs) creates a strategic communications and public affairs division and hires a veteran healthcare comms exec to head it up. Mark Merritt, former chief strategist of the American Association of Health Plans, will be PhRMA's new SVP. The American Red Cross names Charles Dean Connor SVP for communication and marketing. Connor comes to the Red Cross from the Dilenschneider Group, where he was a client strategist.
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros