The townspeople of Hershey, Penn., home of America's largest candy company, are celebrating the successful outcome of a massive PR campaign to prevent a buyout of the company by Wrigley, NestlÃ© or Cadbury. An acquisition would have threatened 7,000 local jobs, as well as the vision of Hershey founder Milton S. Hershey, who prided himself on the small manufacturing town centered around his company. Hershey says offers from other candy manufacturers either left Hershey Trust Co.
Pennsylvanians Celebrate a Sweet Victory
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Steps to Help Coordinate a Crisis Response in a Large Corporation
- How to Use Social and Traditional Media to Promote Your White Paper
- A Job for Communicators: Just 47% of Workers Receive Diversity Training
- Tips and Tricks to Use Facebook's New Live Video Feature to Boost Brand Engagement
- 6 Tips to Gain Employee and Stakeholder Buy-In for CSR Success