The townspeople of Hershey, Penn., home of America's largest candy company, are celebrating the successful outcome of a massive PR campaign to prevent a buyout of the company by Wrigley, NestlÃ© or Cadbury. An acquisition would have threatened 7,000 local jobs, as well as the vision of Hershey founder Milton S. Hershey, who prided himself on the small manufacturing town centered around his company. Hershey says offers from other candy manufacturers either left Hershey Trust Co.
Pennsylvanians Celebrate a Sweet Victory
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks