The townspeople of Hershey, Penn., home of America's largest candy company, are celebrating the successful outcome of a massive PR campaign to prevent a buyout of the company by Wrigley, NestlÃ© or Cadbury. An acquisition would have threatened 7,000 local jobs, as well as the vision of Hershey founder Milton S. Hershey, who prided himself on the small manufacturing town centered around his company. Hershey says offers from other candy manufacturers either left Hershey Trust Co.
Pennsylvanians Celebrate a Sweet Victory
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike