The townspeople of Hershey, Penn., home of America's largest candy company, are celebrating the successful outcome of a massive PR campaign to prevent a buyout of the company by Wrigley, NestlÃ© or Cadbury. An acquisition would have threatened 7,000 local jobs, as well as the vision of Hershey founder Milton S. Hershey, who prided himself on the small manufacturing town centered around his company. Hershey says offers from other candy manufacturers either left Hershey Trust Co.
Pennsylvanians Celebrate a Sweet Victory
You might also be interested in:
- PR News/Nasdaq Survey: Nearly One-Fifth of Communicators Shun Measurement Entirely
- Where Does PR Stand on Paid Social Media? Survey Shows Ambivalence About Spending
- Social Media Engagement on Video Posts Soars 163 Percent in 2015
- 10 Tips for Faster, More Effective Internal Crisis Communications When Time Is of the Essence
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Reporting and Measurement Process