Reports of passenger frustration with security policies, inconveniences and scaled-back service abound in the mainstream media as the airline industry and airports grapple with bankruptcies, federal mandates and other problems. The key to dealing with these issues, according to most PR pros within the air travel industry, is communication. Ken Capps, VP of public affairs with Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, says communications execs must keep in mind that it's the traveler who is key. His recommendations for any corporation working to minimize frustration among stakeholders in a time of crisis: Clear, concise information, frequently communicated. (kcapps@dfwairport.
Communications Key for Airlines, Airports
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016
- A 6-Step Pre-Holidays PR Checkup to Bring the Year to a Successful Close