Reports of passenger frustration with security policies, inconveniences and scaled-back service abound in the mainstream media as the airline industry and airports grapple with bankruptcies, federal mandates and other problems. The key to dealing with these issues, according to most PR pros within the air travel industry, is communication. Ken Capps, VP of public affairs with Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, says communications execs must keep in mind that it's the traveler who is key. His recommendations for any corporation working to minimize frustration among stakeholders in a time of crisis: Clear, concise information, frequently communicated. (kcapps@dfwairport.
Communications Key for Airlines, Airports
You might also be interested in:
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently