Reports of passenger frustration with security policies, inconveniences and scaled-back service abound in the mainstream media as the airline industry and airports grapple with bankruptcies, federal mandates and other problems. The key to dealing with these issues, according to most PR pros within the air travel industry, is communication. Ken Capps, VP of public affairs with Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, says communications execs must keep in mind that it's the traveler who is key. His recommendations for any corporation working to minimize frustration among stakeholders in a time of crisis: Clear, concise information, frequently communicated. (kcapps@dfwairport.
Communications Key for Airlines, Airports
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike