Intranets and e-letters are the latest PR boon as communicators rely on technology for everything from employee communications to media relations. Adoption of e-letters for employee communications jumped from 56 percent to 82 percent between 2000 and 2002, according to the Profile 2002 study of the communications profession by the International Association of Business Communicators. Likewise, newsletters jumped as a communications medium with external audiences, with adoption growing from 29 percent to 45 percent. Other interesting findings of the study: Human resources departments are responsible for internal communications at about 40 percent of companies worldwide. Corporate communications staffs head up employee relations at about 20 percent of corporations.
Tools of the Trade
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016