Think the media's nose for scandal is only sensitive to corporate wrongdoing? Think again. The Red Cross took a hit in the wake of Sept. 11, and now the Washington, DC-area United Way is taking a battering, as well. Norman Taylor, the chief executive of the organization, is now being accused by another high-ranking exec of knowing about improper uses of expense accounts, inflated donation numbers and other abuses of the finances, although Taylor denies knowledge of wrongdoing.
Nonprofits Not Immune
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros