My Generation, AARP's magazine tribute to the Baby Boomer generation, will close its doors with the January/February issue. The pub will be folded into Modern Maturity, and Editor Betsy Carter will become creative director for the newly combined publication. For those of you thinking Modern Maturity isn't exactly the ideal moniker for a mag targeted at readers who cringe at the word "maturity," AARP is one step ahead of you. The association will re-launch the pub with a new title (likely AARP: The Magazine), and will publish three editions, one targeting the Boomers (Carter will take responsibility for this edition), one targeted to ages 60-69, and one targeting seniors over the age of 70. (Carter: 202/434-2277)
Baby Boomer Bust
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Musical Education Nonprofit "Little Kids Rock" Tunes Into Public Relations to Help Amplify Its Charitable Efforts
- Pressure Increases on PR Agencies To Become More Business Savvy
- Bold Strategies Gain Audience Share In Hypercompetitive Marketplace
- The Path to Purchase (Increasingly) Starts With Mobile; Employee Relations A Tonic For Workplace Misconduct?
- 8 Tips For a Successful Social Media Training Program