My Generation, AARP's magazine tribute to the Baby Boomer generation, will close its doors with the January/February issue. The pub will be folded into Modern Maturity, and Editor Betsy Carter will become creative director for the newly combined publication. For those of you thinking Modern Maturity isn't exactly the ideal moniker for a mag targeted at readers who cringe at the word "maturity," AARP is one step ahead of you. The association will re-launch the pub with a new title (likely AARP: The Magazine), and will publish three editions, one targeting the Boomers (Carter will take responsibility for this edition), one targeted to ages 60-69, and one targeting seniors over the age of 70.
Baby Boomer Bust
You might also be interested in:
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter