This week's strategy: Avoid email attachments. Sometimes. Although conventional wisdom dictates that most journalists prefer not to receive attachments in email communiquÃ©s, 43 percent of journalists say they actually prefer an attachment within an email release, according to research conducted by Vocus. The survey included 142 journalists (primarily from print and online media outlets). The key, according to Vocus, is whether or not the journalist is familiar with the source of the email.
Strategy of the Week
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks