Blue margarine is something only a kid could love. In fact, Parkay, a Conagra Foods brand, was convinced that kids would literally eat it up. Parkay was well-known for its margarine (not to mention its "talking" tubs), but in 2001, it wanted to build major pre-launch buzz around a new product, Parkay Fun Squeeze, a colored margarine product packaged in an easy-to-use squeeze container, which also featured a parent-friendly portion control lid. Conagra turned to its agency Dome Communications to help generate buzz with the media and other stakeholders as the brand approached its launch date. Because the product was part of a major trend in the food industry, Conagra wanted to get consumers talking about it early - and before other companies launched any competitive products.
Media Relations Squeezes Out Coverage for Kids Product
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros