Check your Rolodex for outdated Red Herring contacts. The mag cut 33 people last week, or about 35 percent of its staff. The layoffs are the third round in a year and bring the total number of staffers under 50. As part of the restructuring, Jason Pontin, editorial director, will become editor-at-large. (Red Herring, 415/865-2277)
Three’s a Charm for Red Herring?
You might also be interested in:
- To Tweet or Not To Tweet? A Key Question Now Confronting PR Pros
- Deploying Online Market Research To Spark Better Media Relations
- Along With Rise of Big Data Comes Risk of ‘Leakage’; Sure, It’s Not Sexy, But Senior Executives Prefer LinkedIn
- Case Study: Environmental Fight to Protect Snow Gets Major Assist From Celebrity Snowboarders And Data-Driven Report
- Melding Your Offline and Online Communications