Check your Rolodex for outdated Red Herring contacts. The mag cut 33 people last week, or about 35 percent of its staff. The layoffs are the third round in a year and bring the total number of staffers under 50. As part of the restructuring, Jason Pontin, editorial director, will become editor-at-large. (Red Herring, 415/865-2277)
Three’s a Charm for Red Herring?
You might also be interested in:
- As PR Execs Brace for the New Year, All Roads Lead to the C-Suite
- 'Authenticity' is a False Premise If Words Fail to Match Your Actions
- Consumers Say Discounts Help Drive Loyalty; Marketers Collect Plenty of Data, But Not the Kind That They Need
- Case Study: Right To Play Recruits Parents And Athletes to Educate Consumers on Why Kids Having Fun is Serious Business
- Assessing the Hard Costs of Social Media