At a time when corporate naughtiness is punishable by a vicious onslaught of media attention, former playground bullies are putting on their best behavior. Microsoft, for example, will disclose more technical information than ever before about its Windows operating system in order to comply with its antitrust settlement with the DOJ. Some of the information will be available for free online, while other data will be available for an undisclosed licensing fee. Microsoft points to the amount of information it is releasing as mark of its complete compliance.
Microsoft Making Promises
You might also be interested in:
- PR News/Nasdaq Survey: Nearly One-Fifth of Communicators Shun Measurement Entirely
- Where Does PR Stand on Paid Social Media? Survey Shows Ambivalence About Spending
- Social Media Engagement on Video Posts Soars 163 Percent in 2015
- 10 Tips for Faster, More Effective Internal Crisis Communications When Time Is of the Essence
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Reporting and Measurement Process