Having, until recently, operated in a highly regulated environment, utility companies have had little incentive to focus on competitive branding - and it shows. The latest "Corporate Brand Power" index released by Stamford, Conn.-based Corporate Branding, LLC, revealed a roster of low-scoring utility brands with little differentiation. Although the top-seeded Pacific Gas & Electric garnered a brand score of 26.3 out of a possible 100, this proved a low number compared with the 64.
Deregulated Utility Brands Need Power Surge
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016