Having, until recently, operated in a highly regulated environment, utility companies have had little incentive to focus on competitive branding - and it shows. The latest "Corporate Brand Power" index released by Stamford, Conn.-based Corporate Branding, LLC, revealed a roster of low-scoring utility brands with little differentiation. Although the top-seeded Pacific Gas & Electric garnered a brand score of 26.3 out of a possible 100, this proved a low number compared with the 64.
Deregulated Utility Brands Need Power Surge
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks