When it comes to promotional tchotchkes, every season is a season of giving. The PR industry spends $1 billion annually on "wearable" giveaways alone, typically T-shirts, hats and jackets, according to Angela West, a spokesperson for the Promotional Products Association in Irving, Texas. But the freebie action definitely heats up during the holidays. The question is whether gift giving is a worthwhile expense item in the PR budget.
Are Gifts Wasted on the Media?
You might also be interested in:
- To Tweet or Not To Tweet? A Key Question Now Confronting PR Pros
- Deploying Online Market Research To Spark Better Media Relations
- Along With Rise of Big Data Comes Risk of ‘Leakage’; Sure, It’s Not Sexy, But Senior Executives Prefer LinkedIn
- Case Study: Environmental Fight to Protect Snow Gets Major Assist From Celebrity Snowboarders And Data-Driven Report
- Melding Your Offline and Online Communications