When it comes to promotional tchotchkes, every season is a season of giving. The PR industry spends $1 billion annually on "wearable" giveaways alone, typically T-shirts, hats and jackets, according to Angela West, a spokesperson for the Promotional Products Association in Irving, Texas. But the freebie action definitely heats up during the holidays. The question is whether gift giving is a worthwhile expense item in the PR budget.
Are Gifts Wasted on the Media?
You might also be interested in:
- Social Media Starting to Become Legitimate Tool for Internal Relations
- PR Billing Rates Pegged to the Market
- The 'Did You Get My Email?' Phone Call to Reporters Has Little Ring Left
- Case Study: Lois Paul and Partners Teams Up With SynapDx to Help Spread New Message About Early Autism Detection
- Your Existing Business Model is on Borrowed Time; Brand Loyalty Can Be Won (or Lost) in Mere Seconds