When it comes to promotional tchotchkes, every season is a season of giving. The PR industry spends $1 billion annually on "wearable" giveaways alone, typically T-shirts, hats and jackets, according to Angela West, a spokesperson for the Promotional Products Association in Irving, Texas. But the freebie action definitely heats up during the holidays. The question is whether gift giving is a worthwhile expense item in the PR budget. Rise Birnbaum, CEO of Z Communications in Arlington, Va.
Are Gifts Wasted on the Media?
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Steps to Help Coordinate a Crisis Response in a Large Corporation
- How to Use Social and Traditional Media to Promote Your White Paper
- A Job for Communicators: Just 47% of Workers Receive Diversity Training
- Tips and Tricks to Use Facebook's New Live Video Feature to Boost Brand Engagement
- 6 Tips to Gain Employee and Stakeholder Buy-In for CSR Success