Nelson Doesn't Just Blow Smoke in Clean Air Campaign Federal laws may start in Washington but they don't often stop there. Beginning several years ago, the San Diego County Air Pollution Control District (APDC) decided to translate federal and state air pollution laws into a multi-faceted education effort by increasing public awareness about commuting options and alternative public commuting behaviors. It turned to the communications professionals. Four years and three firms after launching its PR efforts with a $715,000 budget, the APCD hired local firm Nelson Communications Group to unearth new ways to promote commuting on a continuous basis. The APCD created a laundry list of emission reduction projects in the San Diego region, including van pool subsidies, shuttle services, a guaranteed ride home program and $20,000 of new bicycle racks to encourge cycling to work.
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign