Kohnstamm's Magnetic PR Draws Poetic Coverage Magnetic Poetry, the company that helps consumers fashion prose on their refrigerators and filing cabinets, credits a PR campaign with helping it become a $7 million business selling 50 products in just two years. The Minneapolis-based company relied almost entirely on the "Magnetic Poetry Wall Project" campaign to increase sales. It only recently hired a marketing director and has eschewed advertising in general for the $32,000 campaign, which launched in May 1997. The PR-driven marketing campaign produced exposure equivalent to $500,000 in advertising through national broadcast and print media coverage, put 250,000 pedestrians in direct contact with the product, and was instrumental in helping Magnetic Poetry reach sales of $5.8 million in '97.
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign