Weber PR Worldwide, the firm that has bounded on the scene with a slew of acquisitions and alliances since it was acquired by McCann-Erickson in 1996, is in discussions to acquire Shandwick, PR NEWS has learned. Company executives, including Weber CEO Larry Weber, wouldn't confirm or deny whether the company is looking to buy Shandwick. But several unnamed sources confirmed that Weber is looking to buy London-based Shandwick, which has yet to recoup from less-than-hardy revenue showings in recent years. Weber's recent acqusitions include the 25-person Bonn, Germany-based PR firm, pr bonn Public Relations GmbH on June 22; Ryan McGinn, a 40-person public affairs firm in Arlington, Va., on March 24; and the Neva Group, a high-tech firm with offices in Cambridge, Mass.
Weber Worldwide In Talks to Buy Shandwick
You might also be interested in:
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative