Growth Tied to Better Benefits, Restructuring Results of the PR NEWS 1998 Salary Survey showing that compensation in the communications profession grew about 7 percent over last year is evidence of a PR bull market. Salaries are growing on both the corporate and agency side, with sources expecting the trend to continue for several years. This year's growth is tied to heftier bonuses and perks, rather than higher base salaries. Last year's findings indicated that salaries had surged 5 to 8 percent over the prior year but today's trend is to offer incentives to recruit and retain employees. Incentives include stock options and merit bonuses related to performance.
PR Compensation Jumps 7% Over Last Year
You might also be interested in:
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets