Growth Tied to Better Benefits, Restructuring Results of the PR NEWS 1998 Salary Survey showing that compensation in the communications profession grew about 7 percent over last year is evidence of a PR bull market. Salaries are growing on both the corporate and agency side, with sources expecting the trend to continue for several years. This year's growth is tied to heftier bonuses and perks, rather than higher base salaries. Last year's findings indicated that salaries had surged 5 to 8 percent over the prior year but today's trend is to offer incentives to recruit and retain employees. Incentives include stock options and merit bonuses related to performance.
PR Compensation Jumps 7% Over Last Year
You might also be interested in:
- Leading the Charge: 5 Steps to Get Salespeople on Board With PR
- 10 Tips to Increase Your Chance of Getting an Op-Ed or Letter Published
- How to Find Business Value in Instagram With Minimal Financial Investments
- A 6-Step Foundational Approach to Reputation Management Strategy
- Video Driving Increase in Social Sharing