How The Weiser Group Grabbed Center Stage for Firm When Chicago-based Aon Consulting authored a unique study on employee attitudes, PR firm The Weiser Group seized upon the study's innovative angles to not only only gain publicity for the study itself but build brand awareness of the firm at the same time. The study, "The Survey of Life Stage Needs," was considered innovative because it had questioned 1,000 rank-and-file employees rather than high-level execs across the country regarding their opinions on the importance of various employee benefits. The Weiser Group, with offices in Chicago and New York, and a staff of 18, has been plying its strategic PR services for 18 years for financial services, health care and insurance clients such as the Chicago Board Options Exchange, Humana and Conseco. When Aon Consulting, a top-ten but relatively low profile human resources consulting firm with special expertise in the employee benefits arena, tapped The Weiser Group in the spring of 1995, The Weiser Group chairman Michael Weiser understood that Aon wanted to promote the 90-page study and also raise its own profile. "Our objective was to present ourselves in the marketplace as a leader, demonstrating our expertise," said John Canfield, senior VP, Aon.
Case Study No. 2955: Building Brand Awareness
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign