O.J. Simpson's wrongful death trial in California was not the only gut-wrenching civil trial of 1996. Food Lion's lawsuit against ABC News for "fraud, deceptive trade practices, civil conspiracy and breach of duty of loyalty" was perhaps more painful because the grocery giant claims a 1992 investigative report by the network's "PrimeTime Live" program caused many of their stores to close in the years since and have cost hundreds their jobs.
Food Lion’s Response To ABC Hidden Cameras Created New Mess
You might also be interested in:
- As PR Execs Brace for the New Year, All Roads Lead to the C-Suite
- Assessing the Hard Costs of Social Media
- Consumers Say Discounts Help Drive Loyalty; Marketers Collect Plenty of Data, But Not the Kind That They Need
- Case Study: Right To Play Recruits Parents And Athletes to Educate Consumers on Why Kids Having Fun is Serious Business
- 'Authenticity' is a False Premise If Words Fail to Match Your Actions