Marketers on the lookout for male patients shouldn't expect to find them in the their hospital or doctor's office. A third of the nation's males nearly 31 million haven't been in for an exam or health check in the past year. Nine million, or one in every 10, have gone five years without a visit to the doctor, according to a recent survey conducted by Cable News Network (see sidebar for more info). Industry officials are worried about such findings because men's general health issues have largely been ignored. "We need to work hard to bring focus to men's health.
MARKETERS STARTING TO RECOGNIZE IT’S NOT RAINING MEN IN HEALTHCARE
You might also be interested in:
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement