Marketers on the lookout for male patients shouldn't expect to find them in the their hospital or doctor's office. A third of the nation's males nearly 31 million haven't been in for an exam or health check in the past year. Nine million, or one in every 10, have gone five years without a visit to the doctor, according to a recent survey conducted by Cable News Network (see sidebar for more info). Industry officials are worried about such findings because men's general health issues have largely been ignored. "We need to work hard to bring focus to men's health.
MARKETERS STARTING TO RECOGNIZE IT’S NOT RAINING MEN IN HEALTHCARE
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016