Marketers on the lookout for male patients shouldn't expect to find them in the their hospital or doctor's office. A third of the nation's males nearly 31 million haven't been in for an exam or health check in the past year. Nine million, or one in every 10, have gone five years without a visit to the doctor, according to a recent survey conducted by Cable News Network (see sidebar for more info). Industry officials are worried about such findings because men's general health issues have largely been ignored. "We need to work hard to bring focus to men's health.
MARKETERS STARTING TO RECOGNIZE IT’S NOT RAINING MEN IN HEALTHCARE
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros