A well-known saying in public relations is that PR execs do not retire or fade away - they become consultants. We all know friends and associates who move into the world of consulting when retirement calls. These people work part-time for one or two clients - one of which often is a former employer. With computers, telecommunications and the Internet makin it easier to set up home offices, this phase in the life cycle of a PR person no doubt will continue. Beyond this, the odds are increasing that more PR people will find themselves operating as independent consultants at earlier stages in their career.
CONSULTING CAREER IS IN STORE FOR MANY IN THE PR FIELD
You might also be interested in:
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets