A well-known saying in public relations is that PR execs do not retire or fade away - they become consultants. We all know friends and associates who move into the world of consulting when retirement calls. These people work part-time for one or two clients - one of which often is a former employer. With computers, telecommunications and the Internet makin it easier to set up home offices, this phase in the life cycle of a PR person no doubt will continue. Beyond this, the odds are increasing that more PR people will find themselves operating as independent consultants at earlier stages in their career.
CONSULTING CAREER IS IN STORE FOR MANY IN THE PR FIELD
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks