Representatives from the American Association of Blood Banks and America's Blood Centers said last week they fear the worst blood shortages ever and hospitals and blood banks fear record blood shortages will jeopardize their ability to respond to holiday emergencies. The holidays are traditionally low-blood supply times because fewer blood drives are held. This year, with Christmas and New Year's Day falling on Wednesday, official fear holiday business hours and busy travel schedules will make it harder to host drives necessary to assure an adequate blood supply. In response to an impending nationwide blood shortage, ABC has developed programs that make sponsoring work-site blood drives more convenient. Local blood centers provide mobile blood collection units and nurses who manage the blood drive as well as provide information about blood donation.
BLOOD SHORTAGE FEAR
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks