Representatives from the American Association of Blood Banks and America's Blood Centers said last week they fear the worst blood shortages ever and hospitals and blood banks fear record blood shortages will jeopardize their ability to respond to holiday emergencies. The holidays are traditionally low-blood supply times because fewer blood drives are held. This year, with Christmas and New Year's Day falling on Wednesday, official fear holiday business hours and busy travel schedules will make it harder to host drives necessary to assure an adequate blood supply. In response to an impending nationwide blood shortage, ABC has developed programs that make sponsoring work-site blood drives more convenient. Local blood centers provide mobile blood collection units and nurses who manage the blood drive as well as provide information about blood donation.
BLOOD SHORTAGE FEAR
You might also be interested in:
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative