With agencies taking on projects all over the world, PR executives may want to look to Internet telephone as a way to talk to clients on the other side of the world for the price of a local call. That is the promise of "telephony," which will use the Internet rather than the telephone network. Supporters of Internet telephones, also known as Net phones and Web phones, believe they will transform global communications for all companies, but especially communications firms. Internet users -estimated at 50 million people worldwide -access the network by making a local telephone call from their PC modem to an Internet service provider. "The crux of PR is communications so using the newest technologies such as telephony is very important," said Tony Duerinck, marketing development manager of Dialogic, a New Jersey-based computer telephony company.
FIRMS SHOULD LOOK TO NET PHONES TO SAVE DOLLARS
You might also be interested in:
- Where Does PR Stand on Paid Social Media? Survey Shows Ambivalence About Spending
- Social Media Engagement on Video Posts Soars 163 Percent in 2015
- 10 Tips for Faster, More Effective Internal Crisis Communications When Time Is of the Essence
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Reporting and Measurement Process
- Secret to Acing a PR Job Interview