With agencies taking on projects all over the world, PR executives may want to look to Internet telephone as a way to talk to clients on the other side of the world for the price of a local call. That is the promise of "telephony," which will use the Internet rather than the telephone network. Supporters of Internet telephones, also known as Net phones and Web phones, believe they will transform global communications for all companies, but especially communications firms. Internet users -estimated at 50 million people worldwide -access the network by making a local telephone call from their PC modem to an Internet service provider. "The crux of PR is communications so using the newest technologies such as telephony is very important," said Tony Duerinck, marketing development manager of Dialogic, a New Jersey-based computer telephony company.
FIRMS SHOULD LOOK TO NET PHONES TO SAVE DOLLARS
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks